EcoCrete represents the state of the art in the worldwide thrust of CEMEX to develop products that reflect our concern for economic viability and ecological well-being, while providing optimum flexibility for every construction application.
EcoCrete produces and designs a wide range of ready-mix concrete products which provide high strength and resistance against varying environmental conditions. These products offer long-term performance and are proven cost-effective choices for use in all kinds of structural applications. EcoCrete products also amplify the attributes of the building materials alongside it and enhance the sustainability of structures built with them.
In CEMEX, we have integrated sustainability into our business strategy, our daily operations, and processes. Through specialized research and development centers devoted to studying sustainability-related challenges, we are able to continuously develop innovative, high-performing products, services, and solutions that satisfy the needs of today’s resource-constrained world.
As a global company, we work to contribute to international efforts to address some of the world’s most complex challenges, including climate change, access to housing and community infrastructure, and the conservation of biodiversity.
We strive to minimize the ecological impact of our operations in the communities in which we operate and continuously work to reduce our footprint to the lowest level that is both technically and economically feasible.
We continuously work to improve the properties of concrete that make it a key component of sustainable construction: durability, resistance to aggressive environments, light reflection, and capacity to store energy among others.
Moreover, we constantly work to develop innovative solutions that advance the sustainability of structures made with concrete. This way, our customers can design sustainable buildings that can take advantage of the benefits of concrete in a wide range of applications.
- Harbors and Bridges: a special design of high performance concrete combines durability and low maintenance with resistance to aggressive environment.
- Industrial Applications: concrete with high acid resistance is robust and durable for such uses as cooling towers.
- Structures: self-compacting concrete improves strength and durability of building structures while reducing energy use and noise due to concrete vibration.
- Envelope: structural lightweight concrete or Insulating Concrete Forms (ICF) offer insulation solutions to improve energy efficiency in buildings.
- Building Design: concrete’s capacity to store energy— its thermal mass— minimizes temperature fluctuations in a building over the course of the day, reducing the need for additional heating and cooling.
- Pervious Pavement: pervious concrete allows rainwater to filter through and reduce flooding while helping to decrease heat concentration.
- Water Channels: concrete water channels are used in farming to reduce the amount of water lost as it flows through fields. Locally produced concrete also provides an affordable solution.
- Potable Water and Sewage Systems: high performance concrete is used for pipes which are affordable, long-lasting, have high structural strength, and can withstand water abrasion.
- Wastewater Treatment Plants: special cements and high technology concrete design increase chemical resistance and reduce maintenance.
Paving: Concrete roads are durable and need little maintenance. They require less energy for street lighting, keep urban areas cooler, and decrease the urban heat island effect.